TEA is an acronym meaning Taking Effective Action, for spirit, mind, and body health. It is a spiritually based health education organization based in Prince George’s County Maryland. TEA specializes in wellness education programs, products, and cooperative efforts with others to enable women, men, youth and families to achieve and maintain optimal health.
The goal of TEA is to focus on the often-unrecognized obstacles that hinder women and girls from enjoying optimal spirit, mind, and physical health. TEA strives to accomplish this goal primarily through action-oriented, skill-building presentations, discussions, and hands-on demonstrations where participants are given the knowledge and resources to live a healthier, wealthier life.
• Family Health Education Programs
1. Kids for Healthy Living
2. Fit Families/Fit Kids
• Seniors Health Education Programs
• SISTAH Voices (Digital Health and Wellness)
• Chronic Disease Prevention
• Customized Health Classes
• Domestic Violence Prevention
• Needs Assessment Services
• Healthy Sound Bite Programs for Churches
• Pharmacogenomics Learning Events (APPLES)
• HIV/ AIDS Prevention Outreach
• Smoking Cessation (Smoking is Dangerous. Quit!)